Age Group: 9 — 10 years
About the book
This primary atlas is the first part of the series of graded atlases custom-designed for primary, middle and secondary classes.
Salient Features of the book are:
- This beautifully illustrated atlas takes young children on an exciting journey across the continents.
- Each continent is introduced by a native young child in his/her traditional costume.
- The introduction is spread on two pages that contains a representative picture of physical or cultural features of the continent.
- Physical map of each continent is guided by appropriate photographs aided by physical features of rivers and lakes, climate, plants, wildlife and natural hazards, given in bullets.
- Political map of each continent is also accompanied by suitable and beautiful photographs and a brief pointwise description of countries, cities and towns, populations, languages and dialects, agriculture, minerals and industry.
- World maps showing the major football, cricket and hockey playing countries appear for the first time in this atlas.
- A quick review of interesting world facts is backed by suitable world maps.
- Simple physical and political maps of India are also supported by appropriate photographs.
- A satellite photo of India by night shows the difference in regional development.
- Exercises based on continents help to learn more about the continents.